Sunday, March 02, 2008

before i even havea chance to catch a breath i get hit with something else. damn.
here's one of those songs i wrote that i mentioned in the last blog. it's pathetically appropriate today.
It's mostly a 4/4 swing blues piece with a little jazz flavor (especially in the intro).
I don't have a name for it yet, and I'm considering a 3rd verse.

Just when you think things have gotten
just as bad as they can get
they can still
take a sharp
decline...
You'll think you've got it easy,
then you'll start to feel ~q u e a s y~
then you're back at the end of the l i i iiiiine!

I got a case of 'The Reals' -
don't even talk to me about color,
Blue's really pretty, Black's just the night,
Real doesn't leave
when you turn on the light,

I got The Real so ba-ad,
that's something some'a these White Collars ain't ever had,
don't talk to me about Nietzsche,
you know I make him feel glad,
I gotta case'a The Real -
I really mean it,
I got the real so bad!

- summer 07.

I hope you are all not only keeping your own heads above water, but at least getting a little time to relax and float and enjoy the sun (maybe even a cool drink and a great book...) I picture you all there, and it helps.
Much love,
-s

No comments: