Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hurray! Back to the blog! 
Because i have a follower (and when it's a follower like Jen, one is enough - though i welcome you all.:),
because it's therapy for me, and i believe it helps others too,
because i have things to say, and i love to share the words and art of other people who have things to say, because here you have a choice, and on FB you don't (sorry about all the daily clutter)... This way i can post and rant to my hearts' content and not feel like i'm junking up the airways (ok, ethernet, wtfever. ;) so much. Plus, i feel like i can let my hair down (or in my case, up) a little more here. FB is a little too public and varied for some of the things i'd like to express and share sometimes. Because i have this blog and even though sometimes i've gone ages 'twixt postings, i've still managed to keep it going for years. It's like my peace lily and aloe vera. even though i've nearly killed those guys more than once*, i have managed to keep them alive, and they give me clean air and oxygen and soothe my burns. yep, that's a very good metaphor indeed.
Love, peace and aloe vera gel,
-s



(thanks to X's mum and dad for the lovely amaryllis bulb. :) it was my macbeth prezzie. :)







*last year i thought i'd finally really killed them, but in the spring, i dug tiny little rhizomes out of their dirt and brought them back from that. they used to be HUGE. the spathyphillum (peace lily. see Hot Fuzz!) was like a small shrub and the aloe once filled this whole pot. :( but hey, they're still here, so there's hope! :D

No comments: