Tuesday, June 08, 2004

In recent news:

The cast part at Bruffy's was GREAT! When we got there, there were about a MILLION people there. Ok, not really, but it seemed like it, and it was SO great to see so many of the crew and find that they were happy to see me - slave-driving director that I was. It looks like the plotting and planning for next year has already begun. In a subtle maneuver that might have moved even Machiavelli, I managed to help water the seed of next year's plot (suggested by Brett and Stewart), shift MY old job off onto - I mean into the capable hands of some folks who will enjoy it, and will kick some major BOO-tay at it. I made a few suggestions about cast structure and good ways to limit the main cast and number of shows and keep things simple, while still utilizing everyone who comes to audition; and otherwise generally passed the buck. Everyone that was in on the discussions seemed both excited and motivated about the possibilities of the plot, so yay. And it just happens to conveniently go right along with what we are planning to do, too. I also liked the suggestion of changing the ad-title to [in small print]
"Mountain Renaissance Adventure Faire Presents: [in large print] MountainFaire!" That is just SO much better, and it keeps the whole history-nazi issue at bay, too.
I joked that discussing faire AT ALL so soon after was making me twitch, but since I am just talking in a purely advisory capacity, it really wasn't so bad. I think people know that I have a good idea of what the headaches are now*, and I can answer questions and give suggestions on all the creative aspects, and it's nice of them to ask without expecting me to just DO IT. Those days are WAY over. Red tape and bad management in general have burned me out BIGtime. Plus, I've done my MRAF miracle for the decade. I just wanna play my scenes, busk my crowds, have a beer after with my cronies, and go home. [contented]*sigh*

In other news - LISA IS COMING TO DRAGONCON!!! For those of you saying "Who the !@#$ is Lisa?", well, Lisa was one of my co-miracle-makers (directors) this year - she directed the chessboard (which was FABULOUS) and she was also the lady with whom I took my overnight trip to Fat City last October. Lisa is gunna have a BLAST at DragonCon!!! :D Woohoo! One more Virgin!
Chris, MAYbe Kaysha, and Lisa! MoooWAHAHAHA! Looks like there's gunna hafta be a Geek Patrol Initiation Ceremony this year! (SHARKBAIT OOHAHA! SHARKBAIT OOHAHA!)
WHEEEE!
ok, time to go. More news later, taters!
xoxox
-sam


*HA! understatement of the week, at least!

No comments: